Unpleasant odors in the car are a common problem. The heavy “aroma” can negatively affect the well-being and mood of the driver. Therefore, every owner has at least once wondered how to get rid of unpleasant odors in the car. Let’s study each of the methods in detail.
Bad smells appear due to several reasons:
- Smoking in the cabin. Smoke from cigarettes and the smell of tobacco tends to penetrate deeply and accumulate. After a long time, it may remain, even if you have stopped smoking.
- Transportation of animals. Sometimes after trips with pets, the smell of urine and other pet waste remains. That is why family cars require regular dry-cleaning visits.
- Food scraps. People often snack in the car, children spill milk and other drinks. It happens that some food is forgotten in the cabin. It begins to decompose and smell bad after a short period of time.
- Increased humidity. Damp smells most often accumulate on seats, mats or in pockets.
- A malfunctioning car air conditioner. A clogged filter can cause a musty smell in the cabin.
How to get rid of the smell in a car interior with the help of special products?
Cleaning the interior yourself can be carried out by using special cleaning aids. The market of household chemicals is quite diverse. There are shampoos for cars, aerosols, sprays and wipes.
Shampoos and other detergents are usually applied to the surfaces, and after a good rub. Afterwards, the cabin is treated with a vacuum cleaner. It removes residual substances. In this case, we would suggest you detach the seats. This way, it is possible to clean hard-to-reach places.
Sprays and aerosols can disinfect and temporarily remove odors in the car. There should also be drying cloths in your arsenal. They should be distributed throughout the interior and replaced periodically with new ones.
How to get rid of odors in the car’s cabin with folk remedies?
Many people resort to folk methods when household chemicals do not work. Consider these popular options for eliminating odors in the car interior:
- Baking soda. It is capable of absorbing odors. It should only be used for mats and the floor. The fine powder is applied to the material, left for 24 hours, and then removed.
- Vinegar. Suitable for treating the interior, the floor and mats. The product can be left in a plate inside the car or sprayed on the windows. After that, the car should be ventilated for at least a day.
- Ammonia. The absorbent works in the same way as vinegar does. However, no more than 15 ml can be used. Above that amount, it is necessary to ventilate the car, otherwise the substance will accumulate and cause suffocation.
- Coffee. To remove the unpleasant smell in the car interior, coffee beans can be used locally. For example, if in some parts of the car, gasoline was spilled, a little coffee should be poured there. Then, this spot should be covered, taped, and left for a few days.
Car pendant perfume dispensers
Decorative pendants placed on the rearview mirror in the vehicle interior will serve as compact and simple, though bright and stylish accents in the car interior.
But apart from being a decorative solution, these pendants may also serve as a scenting agent for your car.
It is worth paying special attention to these things, because they are very popular. They are often used, not only in cabs and public transport, but also by car owners to improve the smell in their car’s cabin. There are pendants with neutral light scents, as well as others with bright scents. Choose the one that suits your taste.
Ways to clean the interior
In addition to the listed means, there are other options for eliminating odors in the car interior. For example, there is dry cleaning, vacuuming, steam treatments, carpet cleaning, etc.
Hot steam treatment is often carried out in car services. This method is effective. However, do it yourself with caution. Steam can reduce the service life of leather and textile coverings. This method is often carried out in conjunction with car chemicals.
A vacuum cleaner is used together with cleaning agents. First, shampoo or another substance is applied, the surface is brushed, then dried with a vacuum cleaner. Manufacturers of home appliances often make special attachments for autos.
The dry cleaner performs even more painful manipulations. Sometimes the complex treatment lasts 10-12 hours, but this method will noticeably improve your interior.
Good luck on the road, drivers.
We are an online store of valve caps, wheel center caps, emblems, badges, stickers, keychains, covers and other accessories for various car brands.